6 February 2011

All those quotes which helped me through the night:

John Greenleaf Whittier
For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are those 'It might have been.'

Margaret Mitchell
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

Cynthia Nelms
Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy
 
Buddha
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying
 
Vincent Van Gogh
One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it.

Mark Twain
Be good and you will be lonely
 
Nicole Kidman
I refuse to let what happened to me make me bitter. I still completely believe in love and I'm open to anything that will happen to me.

it is what it is, it's not what it should have been, not what it could have been, it is what it is.

Sufi Epigram
When the heart grieves over what it has lost, the spirit rejoices over what it has left.

James M. Barrie
If you have it [love], you don't need to have anything else, and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.

Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes...just be an illusion.

Julie Andrews
All love shifts and changes. I don't know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time

Norman Cousins
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Herr Lipp
The absence of love is the most abject pain.

W. M. Lewis
The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Winston Churchill
Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong

African Proverb
However long the night, the dawn will break

David Borenstein
Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions.

Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew.


It takes a couple seconds to say Hello, but forever to say Goodbye


Moving on is simple, it's what you leave behind that makes it so difficult

I dont miss him, I miss who I thought he was

miss you a little, I guess you could say, a little too much, a little too oftern, and a little more each day.

Never be sad for what is over, just be glad that it was once yours


I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me- I’m going to smile


The greatness comes not when things go always good for you. But the greatness comes when you're really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes. Because only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.
Richard M. Nixon (1913 - 1994)

To say the truth, reason and love keep little company together now-a-days.
William Shakespeare

Judy Garland
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Ovid
Fortune and love favor the brave

No comments:

Post a Comment